Who We Are
Medicaid Matters New York (MMNY) is the only statewide coalition dedicated to advancing the interests of Medicaid beneficiaries. Over 100 coalition partners work hard to ensure policymakers understand the importance of Medicaid to low-income and vulnerable New Yorkers. MMNY is the voice in Albany representing the interests of Medicaid consumers during discussions of the State’s public health insurance programs. MMNY has and continues to play a critical role in influencing reform of the Medicaid system in New York State.
Committees & Workgroups
MMNY’s advocacy efforts would not be possible without the work of its committees and workgroups. To join a committee or workgroup, please contact MMNY’s Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lori Andrade, Health and Welfare Council of Long Island
- Julia Battista, Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Association of NYS
- Kate Breslin, Schuyler Center for Analysis and Advocacy
- Therese Brzezinski, Long Island Center for Independent Living
- Amber Decker, consumer/parent representative
- Lindsay Heckler, Center for Elder Law and Justice
- Kimberleigh Smith, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
Managed Care Workgroup
- Rebecca Novick, The Legal Aid Society – Chair